During the colder months, the easiest way to bring colour and interest into your winter garden is with potted plants. Tony has gathered his favourite new trends including edibles, flowers and natives, and is showing you the correct techniques for planting.
1. Partly fill containers with Tui Pot power or Tui Herb Mix.
2. Mix Osmocote with the Tui Herb Mix at a rate of 5g per 1 litre of potting mix. Only need to add it to the Tui Herb Mix.
3. Before potting, soak plants in a bucket of Tui Seasol seaweed based plant tonic and allow to drain. This will help prevent transplant shock.
4. Gently loosen the rootball and position the plant in the planting hole. If planting multiple plants, space accordingly in the container.
5. Press soil gently around the base of the plant.
6. Water plants well after planting.
More on this project:
The following Tui products were used in this project:
- Tui Herb Mix
- Scotts Osmocote Pots, Planter and Indoors
- Tui Seasol
- Tui Pot Power
Special thanks to...
www.elho.com for the white pot on the outdoor table.
www.sanstone.co.nz for the two tall pots at entrance, as well asthe rounds and troughs on the back deck.