- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 2 bunches of coriander, stalks only
- 2 tbsp. mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 250g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 125g ricotta
- Blitz all the curry pasta ingredients together to make a paste.
- Cut eggplant into large cubes. Heat oil over a high heat in a large saucepan and add eggplant. Saute for 1 minute, then add curry paste and water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and coriander (reserving a little coriander for garnish) and stir to combine.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes, then fold ricotta through.