- 6 Agria potatoes, skin on
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rosemary salt (1/2 tbsp. flaky salt and 2 sprigs rosemary leaves only)
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Place whole potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for 8 minutes.
3. Drain then slice lengthways into wedges.
4. Heat roasting pan with oil in oven for about 5 minutes until the oil is hot. Add the potatoes and cook for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with rosemary salt and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
** This is the same method for making other vegetable chunky fries i.e. kumara, parsnip
** It’s important to make sure the oil is hot so that when you add the chunky potatoes they sizzle sear the outside and don’t stick. If the oil is cold then the potatoes tend to soak up the oil and become soggy.