- Serves: 8
- 1.5kg beef mince
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Flip your burgers only once to avoid them breaking up.
- Keep the patties cold as this will help them keep their shape and not fall apart when cooking.
- Press the meat patty mixture into a cookie cutter mould. This ensure you have patties which are the same thickness and size so they'll cook evenly and at the same speed.
- You can freeze your meat patties. Just pop them into a container in between layers of greaseproof paper.
- Make the patties a little bigger than your buns as they will shrink a little when cooking.
- The BBQ plate or cast iron pan needs to be hot before you put your patties in. Needs to make that sizzling sound when it hits the plate or pan.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Divide into 8 balls and flatten to form burger patties.
3. Heat flat plate on the BBQ until it reaches a high heat. Cook for 4-5 mins each side.