- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli) stems and leaves separated
- 80ml chicken stock
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sherry.
- Heat a large wok over high heat.
- Add the oil and heat until smoking.
- Stir-fry the garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the gai lan stems to the wok and toss.
- Add the stock and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the stems are almost tender.
- Add the gai lan leaves and the oyster sauce mixture.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the leaves just wilt. Season with pepper and serve immediately.